Terms & Conditions
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Adirondack Vacation Base and its licensors.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Adirondack Vacation Base.
Adirondack Vacation Base has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Adirondack Vacation Base shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of United States without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
GENERAL RENTAL PROVISIONS
By proceeding with the reservation you accept and agree with Adirondack Vacation Base that the reservation shall be on the terms and conditions as follows:
– Adirondack Vacation Base may cancel the reservation at its discretion if the information you provided is false or incomplete.
– Adirondack Vacation Base shall be entitled to vary, amend and/or otherwise change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
– Adirondack Vacation Base shall not be liable for any losses, damages, costs or expenses incurred by you as a result of any cancellation of the reservation by Adirondack Vacation Base.
– Rates are based on your period of stay and are subject to change as a result of changes in your arrival and/or departure dates.
– Rates are in US Dollars (USD).
– In the event you complete a booking based on a rate that has been incorrectly posted, Adirondack Vacation Base reserves the right to correct the rate or cancel the reservation at its discretion and will contact you directly in order to do so.
– You must be at least 21 years of age to book and register for an accommodation. Guests staying at Camp Hatteras must be 25 to book and register.
– The reservation is not transferable.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
– Check-in/check-out times vary based on accommodation.
– For Camp Hatteras: check-in time is from 4:00 pm; check-out time is before 10:00 am (flexible if we do not have guests coming in).
– For Treehouse, Overlook Lean-to, and Woodland Grove Camping: check-in time is from 2:00 pm to 2:00 am the next day; check-out time is before 12:00 pm (noon).
– Late check-out and early check-in may be available if requested.
CANCELLATION POLICY & REFUNDS
– For Camp Hatteras: bookings are refundable if we can re-book, less a $100 service fee. Cancellations are fully refundable 60 days or more in advance.
– For The Magical Treehouse: bookings are refundable if we can re-book, less a $75 service fee. Cancellations are fully refundable 45 days or more in advance.
– For Overlook Lean-to and Woodland Grove Camping: bookings are refundable if we can re-book, less a $50 service fee. Cancellations are fully refundable 14 days or more in advance.
ADDITIONALLY, BOTH PARTIES SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING LEASE:
Tenant covenants and agrees as follows:
- To pay all charges of toll telephone calls, that shall accrue or be charged upon or against the leased premises during the said term. To permit the Landlord or his or her agents to enter the premises at reasonable hours in the daytime to examine or show same or to make reasonable repairs therein. To make no alterations in or on the premises, nor to use them for any purpose other than that of a single family dwelling without the written consent of the Landlord. To repair any and all damages caused by neglect or carelessness of the Tenant, family, guests or agents to the leased premises. The Tenant further agrees that the maximum nightly occupancy is limited to 8 persons if staying in Camp Hatteras, 2 persons if staying in the Treehouse, and 6 persons if staying in the Lean-to. If Tenant is dishonest with numbers, security deposit, or a portion thereof, may be surrendered, and/or Tenants may be asked to leave the premises forfeiting all payments/deposits.
- At the end or other termination of this lease to make well and sufficiently repair, replace or pay for all furnishings, appliances, equipment and other personal property of the Landlord, etc., now in the leased premises that shall have been lost, destroyed, broken or damaged, otherwise than by reasonable use and wear thereof during the term. Nor to cut or destroy or permit to be cut or destroyed any trees, plants, or shrubbery thereon, and to quit and surrender the premises and furniture, etc., in as good a state and condition as they were at the time of taking possession of said premises, reasonable use and wear thereof and damages by the elements excepted. Firearms may not be on/used on property.
- All Tenants understand that the Landlord reserves the right to remove Tenants from the property if their actions are endangering camp property or their own and others safety.
Landlord covenants and agrees as follows:
- 1. To have the premises and contents clean in order for occupancy of said Tenant at the beginning of the term herein stated. To make all repairs to the leased premises necessary to maintain them in good condition provided however that such repairs are not the result of neglect or carelessness of the Tenant, family, guests or agents. To see that the premises, (including plumbing, heating, lighting, electrical and roof – as applicable) are in good condition. And to allow said Tenant, on paying the rent and performing the covenants and agreements herein contained, to enjoy the leased premises, furniture, furnishings, etc., for the term hereby granted.
- The security deposit may be used by the Landlord at the time the unit is vacated by the Tenant on account of breach of any covenant in this lease, or toward reimbursement of the cost of repairing any intentional or negligent damages to the premises beyond normal wear and tear caused by the Tenant, his or her family or guests; or other charges owed by Tenant. If damage costs exceed the security deposit amount, Tenant agrees to pay remaining amount in full, immediately upon notification.
- Landlord agrees the balance after payment of items as provided for above, if any, shall be returned within a reasonable period after Tenant vacates the premises. In the event a dispute arises pertaining to the security, the Landlord will continue to hold the security deposit until the disagreement is settled between the parties.
- It is further agreed and understood that pets are not allowed in or on the leased premises.
- It is further agreed and understood that smoking is not allowed inside any buildings on the premises.
- It is further agreed and understood that parties and events are not allowed in or on the leased premises.
- The Tenant recognizes the inherent dangers of hiking, skiing, sledding, bouldering, biking, woodstove use, campfires and other activities available at Adirondack Vacation Base. The Tenant is solely and fully responsible for any accidents or injuries that may occur to the Tenant and/or his/her family/guest(s) on the premises. The Landlords have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the Tenants’ safety.
- Sorry, we do not rent Camp Hatteras to groups under the age of 25. We do not rent our other accommodations to groups under the age of 21. If the Tenant has misrepresented the ages of the members in their group, the Landlord reserves right to ask them to leave, all payments/deposits will be forfeited.
It is agreed that the covenants and agreements herein contained shall bind the parties, their heirs, assigns, or legal representatives hereto.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.